Do you ever think, “what do I talk about on my date?” Girl, you’re not alone. Date convos can get awkward and then the next thing you know your mind is racing to squish the silence that follows.
Asking specific questions is key. It ain’t a one size fits all! Questions should be specifically catered toward what YOU want in a partner. Not around what you think you should be asking.
Here are 50 MUST First Date Questions:
(HINT: Never ask a close-ended question.)
One. What hobbies are you into?
2. What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled?
3. What pets do you have?
4. What type of relationship are you looking for?
5. What is your favorite cuisine?
6. What’s your go-to ice cream flavor?
7. What do you love about your career?
8. What do you do for exercise?
9. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?
10. Who do you admire publicly?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
12. What was it like growing up in your hometown?
13. How do you view our current political climate?
14. What’s your favorite quote?
15. When do you feel the most fulfilled in life?
16. If you could live in any decade what would you choose?
17. What type of spiritual practices do you do?
18. What’s the motto you live by?
19. If you could do any job in the world what would it be?
20. What’s your favorite way to listen to music?
21. Where do you see your personal life in the next 5 years?
22. What is a current goal you have?
23. What is a random fact about you?
24. What is something I wouldn’t know by looking at you?
25. What is your ideal lifestyle?
26. How do you deal with awkward situations?
27. What are your top 3 musts in a best friend?
28. Where does your family live?
29. What is the relationship like with your siblings?
30. How would you spend your money if you won the jackpot?
31. What’s a project you enjoyed working on in your career?
32. What’s one song that’s on your playlist you’re embarrassed to share with friends?
33. How do you give back or volunteer for your community?
34. What is a silly pet peeve of yours?
35. What is your favorite food to cook?
36. What’s the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
37. How do you typically spend a Saturday night?
38. What’s your favorite weekend trip?
39. What was a book that changed your life?
40. How often do you read about what is happening in the world?
41. How do you feel talking in front of large audiences?
42. What are relationship deal breakers?
43. What is a moment that you’d redo again in life because it was so amazing?
44. What advice would you give to someone who needed inspiration?
45. How do you handle change?
46. How do your friends describe your personality?
47. What’s your favorite restaurant?
48. What’s your favorite artist?
49. How do you spend time with family?
50. What is one thing you think this world needs more or less of?
Keep in mind these are great icebreaker questions that have a deeper meaning behind them. Although, if you never tackle a strategy on asking your date-specific questions that align with your values you may end up with the wrong partner.
Want more date strategy tips? Book a free call here: Let’s chat, girl!