Relationship goals is living happily ever after, right? But looking for someone to make you happy is BS. Yes, relationships, connection, intimacy can absolutely bring you joy, but true inner happiness, like that deep down feeling, that comes from YOU.
Happiness is what you make it
The saying “happiness comes within” may seem cliche but it’s totally spot on. True inner happiness is cultivated through developing skills of self-growth, self-care, and self-love. The clients I work with learn to acquire these skills in their daily life and reap the benefits of dating and their current relationships.
Figure out your personal happiness
It’s ok to struggle in the happiness department. No one is always “full time” happy mode, but it is important to recognize things that make you happy so you are not looking for someone else to fulfill that. It can be a dangerous slope if you look for people to make you happy. If you can’t communicate to yourself of what makes you happy then you will be disappointed when another person cannot fulfill it. So it’s important to get clear of your own happiness so you can bring it to your relationship goals.
Here are 5 simple ways to put you on the track of happiness:
1. Make bold choices for yourself – this will allow you to build trust within.
2. Gratitude list – puts the focus on what you do have and not what you want.
3. Pick up a new hobby that brings you excitement – this creates a fun way to challenge yourself.
4. Affirmations – repetitive positive self-talk is powerful (and ya may just start to believe it).
5. Goal setting – gives you something to focus on that makes you feel good about achieving.
Keep in mind, Rome wasn’t built in a day and it’s still being built upon, just like you will forever grow and evolve with your inner happiness.
Open to how coaching can help you in your relationship? Learn more!