You’ve probably heard the phrase, “don’t worry you’ll bounce back after your breakup”. Yet you feel far from bouncing anywhere. But there are ways to cope with your breakup in a healthy way. Here are the top 10 Ways to Bounce Back After Your Breakup:
1. Self Care.
Go get massage, create your own dance party, or get 8 hours of sleep.
2. Re-evaluate your 5-year plan.
How have those goals shifted?
3. Create a list of your 5 positive attributes.
Turn that into your next partners checklist.
4. Go on a best friend date.
Pick an awesome place for dinner and go see a movie.
5. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are worth it.
Repeat every morning and before bed.
6. Don’t call, text, or social media check in on your ex.
Even when you feel tempted.
7. Get a new hobby.
Painting or boxing, anyone?
8. Volunteer at a non-profit.
They say happiness is created from giving back.
9. Find time to be alone and reflect on your growth.
Travel, hike, or meditate!
10. Be easy on yourself.
Don’t be so quick to judge your thoughts or how long it’s taking to get over the ex. Just be.
At the end of the day the only guaranteed relationship you have is with yourself. Enjoy this roller coaster and trust that as long as you invest in yourself you have nothing to lose. Grab your own damn hand because you have gone too far in this life to neglect it for someone else.