Single on Valentine’s Day? No problem!
Let’s be honest with each other. Valentine’s Day is a weird holiday. It all started in Ancient Rome where people were being slayed or coupled off via lottery. Um, yeah that is terrifying. Enough with the history lesson, are you ready to slay the single scene this Valentine’s Day? Make this February 14th be a day of celebrating and loving YOU!
- Create a fun night out with a girlfriend. Galentine’s Day baby! Make a fun plan to go to dinner. Who needs a man when you’ve got a girlfriend to get ready with? Throw on some heels and dress it up sister!
- Buy yourself flowers. No it is not pathetic. It is called receiving self-love. Sometimes the hardest love we can receive is the love from ourselves. Anyways, you deserve to add a little fragrance to your home.
- Cook a new recipe. Get on Pinterest and come up with an awesome dinner. Not only are you participating in a hobby but you are also nourishing your body. Finish the meal off with your favorite dessert.
- Hit up a new workout class before or after work. Haven’t you always been wanting to try that spin class? Investing in your health is one of the best ways to practice self-care and self-love. You’ve only got one body so you may as well love on it.
- Go to a singles event. Before you cringe, keep in mind that you are not the only one who is single on Valentine’s Day. There are tons of single events going on for others who are in the exact same position. So why not put yourself out there and go for it. I dare you!
- Create a new goal for yourself and start it February 14th. Haven’t you been wanting to save your hard earned money to travel the world? Or maybe you’re ready to train for that half marathon. Regardless get going on it. You owe the future to yourself!
- Do a DIY project. Spice up your home and find a fun project to get your hands on. If you have been itching at painting an accent wall or creating a DIY picture frame, now is the time get on it. Give your living space some love!
- Make it a chick flick night. Who doesn’t miss those 80s & 90s movies? Dust off your DVD’s, as if! Let’s get real – use your apple TV to connect with some platform out there that has your favorite past time flicks. Bring on the nostalgia and enjoy a few good laughs.
- Spa day! Go for a facial or massage. Relax and focus on the greatness you are surrounded by. With all the great Valentine’s Day deals out there be sure to snag one. Time to do you boo!
- Don’t avoid your feelings. It can be an emotional holiday. It triggers a lot of shit that we are totally cool internalizing until we begin to see couples around us celebrating and posting all over social media. Feel those feelings girlfriend. Allow yourself to be excited or upset. I challenge you to feel your feelings on Valentine’s Day without judgement.
Keep in mind this Valentine’s Day that you have choices. You’re not some pathetic single who is chillin alone. I double dare you to embrace the 14th with love and compassion for yourself. These memories you create are yours to keep. You owe it to yourself love!